Police are investigating the sudden death of a man in a Princeton motel room as a suspected overdose, according to RCMP Sergeant Barry Kennedy.
The 33-year-old local resident was discovered at approximately 6:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Princeton Motel.
A toxicology report will take about three days, said Kennedy, however “there is evidence to support” the death is drug related.
Kennedy also confirmed the death of gas station clerk earlier this month in Princeton was the result of a Fentanyl overdose.
The 43-year-old man was found in the office of the Husky on Highway 3 in the early hours of January 7.
Kennedy said “high levels” of Fentanyl were present in that case. “It appeared he died instantly upon consuming the drugs.”
There were four deaths in Princeton in 2017 attributed to Fentanyl.
To report a typo, email: