Rediscover EC Manning Park – BC Parks 100th Anniversary, BCHBC 20th Anniversary and the Official Opening of the Manning Park Horse Campsite
Themes: Art/History in the Park and our Valuable Volunteers!
Schedule of Events for Saturday July 30th, 2011
9:00 – Kelley Cook historic trails hike, meet at Cascade Parking lot on Highway #3 for a historical
narrated tour! Back at Resort for Opening Ceremonies.
10:00 – 12:00 noon
– Go Fish BC, Story Time in the Park (includes horse/wagon ride) at Lightening Lakes
campground on the road to the Gibson’s Pass Ski Hill.
– Wild Education program at Manning Park Resort: short hike/interact/tracking/games, open to
10:00 – at the Resort: booths/art displays, hands on crafts, face painting, metal forging
11:00 – at the Resort on stage: music starts, 3 Eagle Feathers (First Nations), Tiffany Schroeder
12:00 – refreshments available and BC Parks 100 Cake presentation at the Resort
1:00 – Ceremony begins: riders arrive from pack trips Parade to Bagpiper, Red Serge Mounties
Flags, balloons….through the Resort!
1:15 – dedication/speeches on stage at the Resort
1: 30 – Cowboy Blessing for our volunteers and the campsite on stage at the Resort
– move to campsite for ribbon cutting/sign unveiling
2:00 – Music on stage at the Resort: Princeton Historical Music Society, 3 Eagle Feathers
– Bear Aware Program video presentation at the Resort
– Story Time in the Park, Go Fish BC: repeat at Lightening Lakes campground
– Wild Ed programs: repeat at the Resort
3:00 – On stage at the Resort: Kelley C – Stories/maps on history of Manning Park and the
significance of the trails and how they got there.
– at the Resort booth area: horseshoeing demo
4:00 – break
5:00 – BCHBC and Volunteer Pot Luck at the new Headwaters Corral Equestrian Campground
6:00 – cake presentation for BCHBC 20th Anniversary at HCEC
7:00 – singing around the campfire with the Pond Frogs at HCEC