Crews with the Penticton Fire Department assess the damage at a residence in Braelyn Crescent in Penticton following a grease fire in the residence’s kitchen. No injuries were reported, kitchen cabinets and walls were scorched as a result of the blaze, which was extinguished quickly. Jordyn Thomson - Western News

Grease fire causes minor damage in Penticton kitchen

Penticton fire department responded to a residential kitchen fire at 3:20 p.m. on March 16

Penticton firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in the area of Braelyn Crescent in Penticton on March 16 at approximately 3:20 p.m.

According to Captain Graham Gowe, the house occupants were cooking French fries when a grease fire started in their kitchen. No injuries resulted from the fire, only some smoke damage and scorching to cabinets and walls within the building.

Gowe said the fire was contained and extinguished within the kitchen fairly quickly. Crews were checking to make sure the fire did not cause any structure damage to the residence.

To report a typo, email: editor@pentictonwesternnews.com.

Jordyn Thomson | Reporter
JordynThomson 
Send Jordyn Thomson an email.
Like the Western News on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Young mother dies in Highway 3 semi collision

According to friends the victim was on her way to work, to a job she started earlier in the week

‘Cowardly acts’ towards homeless continue in Osoyoos

RCMP confirm they are investigating two incidents of assault on a homeless person

RV lifestyle comes to the Okanagan

BC Interior RV Show returns to Penticton for the eighth year

Lyle Thomas promoted to top job at Princeton’s municipal hall

The Town of Princeton has a new boss. Lyle Thomas, who has… Continue reading

Looking for artwork of historic South Okanagan landmark for exhibition

The SS Sicamous Marine Heritage Society is looking for artwork for an exhibition

VIDEO: Fire contained to garage beside East Kelowna house

Garage is fully involved, say firefighters

First Nations public art piece stolen in Nanaimo

Spindle Whorl went missing over the weekend, according to Nanaimo RCMP

Father-son duo at B.C. Children’s Hospital helps new dads fight depression

The pair teamed up to introduce the only known research-based mindfulness workshop for new dads

Mexican restaurant in B.C. told to take down Mexican flag

General manager of Primo’s Mexican Grill in White Rock: ‘I’ve never heard of anything like this’

B.C. NDP moves to provide tax credits, tax cut for LNG Canada

Provincial sales tax break of $596 million repayable after construction

COLUMN: Smart phone too powerful a tool to yank from students’ hands

Rather than ban them from schools, let’s teach kids to harness their phone’s power and use it properly

Animals seized again from North Okanagan property

Animals to be seized not yet confirmed

B.C. river cleanup crew finds bag of discarded sex toys

Chilliwack volunteers stumble on unexpected find while removing 600 lbs of trash from riverway

Turning an Okanagan hospital’s medical waste into art

Safe recycled waste materials are being used by local artists to create art

Most Read