Do you want to make the most of your outdoor spaces? Garden doors can be a unique way to show your love for the outdoors and increase the space in your home.
Moreover, if you are planning to enhance the curb appeal of your home, you’ll be surprised at how garden doors completely transform your property!
However, with so many options available in the market, it can be challenging to choose the right garden door that best fits your home. That is why we have contacted many Canadian door replacement experts to ask for insights to help you make an informed decision. Interested? Keep reading!
What are garden doors?
A garden door connects the indoor space with the outdoors. It consists of two door panels, where one panel serves as an entryway while the other is used for ventilation.
Like an entrance door, a garden door can be opened and closed inwards or outwards.
- In-swing doors: These doors have a fixed screen with one operable and one fixed panel.
- Out-swing doors: They have a fixed screen and two panels, one of which can be opened for ventilation and the other is functional. The venting panel can open to provide as little or as much ventilation as desired.
Garden doors serve as an excellent entryway for places like backyards, gardens, and patios.
Why should I get garden doors?
Apart from taking the aesthetics of your home to the next level, garden doors also have several other advantages.
- Fully Customizable: They come in various frames, colours, materials, and finishes and are fully customizable to perfectly blend with your exterior.
- Allow Privacy: These doors allow you to enjoy your privacy as the door-to-glass ratio can be adjusted according to your requirement.
- Extremely Reliable: Garden doors are also available in rust and corrosion-resistant materials, so they will last you for years!
- High security: These units are a great choice if you are concerned about the security of your home, as they are equipped with durable multi-locking systems.
- Energy-efficiency: Gone are the days of traditional garden doors with subpar energy efficiency. Now, they provide excellent energy preservation, lowering the overall energy costs since they are made of high-performance fibreglass and Low-E glass.
What are the different types of Garden doors?
Choosing the right garden door for your home makes all the difference! Here are the different types of garden doors you can choose from!
- French doors: These are your classic double doors. They have been in use since the Renaissance era and are the standard option for traditional properties.
- Sliding doors: Made up of glazed panels, sliding patio doors operate sideways on a rail to stack behind each other. They are an excellent option for larger spaces and allow a large amount of natural light to come through.
- Bi-fold doors: These doors have become popular over the years. They consist of three panels that fold and slide along a track and can be opened inwards or outwards per your requirement.
If you want to make your garden an extension of your indoor area, installing a garden door may be a good idea. Along with added space – customizability, sturdiness, accessibility, and energy efficiency are also among the benefits of modern garden doors. These doors are available in various types, so you should choose wisely; picking the right one makes all the difference!